Friday, December 15, 2006

That's not my job.

I hate doing dishes at work.

Every once in a while I'll have a bowl of oatmeal. Maybe some cereal. But even though I know the oatmeal will turn to mortar in the bowl, I just cannot bring myself to wash that bowl.

It's gross, I know. And one of my partners regularly harangues all of us about leaving dishes in the sink; a sink, I might add, that is approximately 8" x 10" – not exactly big enough to house more than one or two dirty bowls at a time.

My general strategy is to fill the bowl with water, so that I can pretend I need it to "soak." A day - or three - later I'll wash it. And if I'm lucky, someone else will wash it because they need the room in the sink to "soak" their dish.

Look, I realize that we're all adults here. I'm perfectly capable of washing a bowl and spoon. But I'm at work, damnit! That's not my job.

1 comment:

Ktmac said...

Heather, You rock. Love ya bunches, Katie