Tuesday, December 12, 2006

From the mouths of babes

On the way to the doctor's office for Lauren's flu shot booster:

Grace: "Mom, last time we got shots I looked at the shot and it was really pointy."

2JobMom: "Well it has to be pointy, honey, because it has to get the medicine all the way into your body. You don't have to look if you don't want to."

Grace: "Well I looked last time because I wanted to know what shots look like."

2JM: "So now you know, and you don't have to look this time."

Grace: "Mom, I'm old enough to look at a shot!"

2JM: "Yes, you are."

# # #

In the bathtub, giving herself a once-over with the bubble bath:

Grace: "Mom! I found where my poop comes out!"

# # #

After dinner, during which she ate approximately six tater tots and zero bites of a ham sandwich:

Grace: "Mom, I'm not going to eat anything unless it's tater tot casserole."

2JM: "Oh. Okay."

Guess she's gonna be pretty hungry.

# # #

No comments: