Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I love green! Maybe.

It all started with these great cleaning cloths I found. I've been trying to cut down on my use of paper towels, because at the height of my paper towelishness I was going through a roll a week. Maybe even a roll and an eighth. I mean, what's not to love about paper towels? They're absorbent, you can use them wet or dry, they're right there on the counter and - this is the real key - you can just throw them away. This throwing away thing is a huge benefit when you have to pull things out of dog's butts. 

But I felt bad about all the waste. And I started thinking that maybe I didn't need three whole paper towels to kill a spider the size of a pencil eraser. 

I haven't actually tried these new cloths yet, but I'm embarking on (yes, I know) another experiment. Can I live without paper towels? 

It's one small step in a quest to live a greener life. I'll let you know how it goes.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We try not to use them... but tehre are some jobs that are just better suited for paper towels...

I mean if you drop an egg on the floor you really don't want to use a regular towel then put that towel in the laundry... UGH.

Two Job Mama said...

So true! Also, anything involving animal or child puke absolutely demands paper towels, and lots of 'em!