Thursday, June 25, 2009

I guess I really shouldn't complain.

Things I hate about summer:
- Working when I'd rather be at the beach
- Listening to my children fight as they re-acclimate to being together 24/7
- Mosquitos
- Yard work

Things I love about summer:
- Not having to get everyone out of the house by 7:40 am
- Sunsets
- Sunshine when I wake up in the morning
- Going to the beach after work
- Being able to walk to the beach over my lunch break
- Date night on the boat
- Campfires and s'mores with the neighbors
- the 4th of July
- my brother home from California for three weeks
- sun-kissed children in soggy suits with little wet otter heads and sand in their hair
- sweet corn and fantastic tomatoes
- farmer's markets
- neighborhood-wide garage sales
- no coats, no boots, no hats, no mittens
- the sound of the waves at night when I'm lying in bed

It all kinda outweighs the whining of the kids, which was really getting to me this morning. Now I have a little persepctive. And a lot of blessings.

No comments: