Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It must have been the wine.

Last night I went to my first ever jewelry party.

Actually, it was my first-ever purse/jewelry/make-up/cookware/tupperware party. Ever. I've been invited, but I've never actually gone. And just exactly what happens at these things has been a total mystery to me.

Well, I'll tell you what happens. You spend $137 dollars and wind up booking your own party for a Monday night in December.

It really must have been the wine, because I'm just not in the habit of doing this kind of thing. This is, in part, because I secretly fear I don't have enough friends and I'll end up with a party consisting of me, my sister (who also does not participate in this sort of thing, but would come out of sympathy for me), my mother-in-law and the cat. It's also because, although I actually love to entertain, I just don't know what these parties are all about and I feel a little awkward about asking people to come over to my house and buy stuff.

But as it turns out this party was totally fun! I really didn't mind spending the money because I got three Christmas presents and one birthday present bought. I won a prize! And I got totally sold on the idea of how much jewelry I could buy if I was actually a hostess. Did I say sold? I meant suckered.

Sorry, I don't mean to offend those of you who already know all about this thing and love it. Because while I feel a little bit suckered, I also feel like I've discovered a great way to get together with some girls and have a good time doing what comes pretty naturally to us all - shopping.

If you aren't around here I'll be emailing you to invite you to shop via my party online. The actual event is December 8, and all orders are guaranteed to get here before Christmas. And I KNOW you've got a mother in law/sister in law/mom/aunt/secret santa partner/grandma/best friend who has everything, but still loves jewelry. Only 42 shopping days left until Christmas!

P.S. Sorry about the Exhibit A on the previous post with no photo. I'm having some trouble with that.

1 comment:

Corie said...

I know what you mean... I'm invited to a jewelry party this week and I'm afraid of the consequences! I don't want to be the next hostess! But I'll probably do some Christmas shopping for the gals on my list.