Thursday, March 15, 2007

Maybe we've watched a little too much Cinderella.

Grace has a boyfriend.

His name is Logan. She's in love with him. And when she's old enough Chad is going to "walk her to him" when they get married.

Oh, yeah. And he's really nice to her.

Apparently, however, Logan is not in love with her. I know this because when I asked Grace if Logan loves her she told me that he didn't even know that she loves him. Guess she hasn't broken the big news yet.

On the one hand I find this whole thing sweet and funny. She is so sincere in her love for him and she goes on and on about how nice he is (thank god). On the other hand, I'm wondering what the heck the Disney machine is doing to my kid that has a 5-year-old planning her wedding. I mean, the only princess movie that's even remotely girl-poweresque is Mulan, and even she gets the guy in the end. It's really starting to annoy me.

I don't think I have to worry too much, though. Grace told me the other day that if Logan doesn't want to marry her then she will live with me in the same house forever. I think that would be just fine, as far as her Dad is concerned.

I'll post a picture as soon as A) I get my PC at home fixed, because it crapped out after only 13 months on the job. Nice.; or B) blogger supports Macs better and lets me upload my pictures.

Did I mention that Logan sits next to her at her table at preschool and also plays with her during centers? What a guy.

No comments: