Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The good, the bad and the just plain awesome.

It's been quite a month.

Here's the good:
One of my brothers is going to be a Dad for the first time. He's thrilled and I'm thrilled for him.

Here's the bad:
A bond issue to build a new elementary school and make sorely needed improvements to the local middle/high school failed to pass yesterday. Chad and I had gotten involved in the campaign because this was an important issue for us, not just for our kids but also for the growth of our small, but great, community. It's depressing to come face-to-face with the fact that we are surrounded by so many cheap, small-minded, negative people who probably will never see the big picture. But that's life, I guess.

Here's the just plain awesome:
I'm a little reluctant to talk about this because it might jinx it somehow. But here goes.....my business may be moving to within 10 miles of my house. This will be the first time in 12 years that I will drive less than 35 minutes to get to work. The whole thing will be life changing on many levels and I'm really excited. I mean, this could add nearly an hour of time back into my life.

My life and my work all happening in one place. That's hard to imagine, really.

1 comment:

Ktmac said...

Congrats to the Bro! And on the commute or lack there of . . . I am completely jealous. I wonder if I can get my school to move closer to my home, or maybe I just need to move schools.

When are you headed to Ohio?

Katie