Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Re-entry is tough.

I've had a week off. A little more actually, since I only worked the equivalent of about three days the week before Christmas, and those weren't exactly high pressure. Today was my first day back on "the routine." I started out by turning off my alarm clock instead of hitting the snooze button.

Grace is off school until the 8th, so the out-the-door deadline is not exactly hard and fast, but I feel like I should stick to it anyway because, well, we just should. But I forgot to factor in the puppy (you remember him? the best christmas present ever?), who needs to go out about a nanosecond after he hears footsteps.

The good news is that it was a relatively low-key workday, although I did have to go to a client meeting at 3:00. Guess some people are chomping at the bit to get back to work, eh? But I got off the hook for an 8 am meeting tomorrow at a client that's three hours away.

One thing I forgot though – there's not much time to spend with the kids at the end of the day. Which kind of sucks.

No comments: