Monday, April 19, 2010

So now we're two for two.

Friday night was Grace's first softball practice. She doesn't know it, but she's really a good athlete. Great hand-eye coordination (which she did NOT get from me), good balance, and she has that thing I hate in other people where everything she tries she pretty much figures out how to do in about five minutes.

The girls were lined up across from each other in pairs, playing catch more or less. And then...

Grace got hit in the face with the ball.

Right above her eye.

She cried so hard that this time I DID run out there and look. Her forehead was red and I was pretty sure she was going to wind up with a major shiner, but I just held her close and told her it was fine. The crazy thing is, it was fine. Three minutes later she was back to throwing and catching, and there is absolutely not a mark on her face.

But I think from now on I'll just keep the baby in the car.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh nooooo...not a good feeling! I can't even imagine Avery hurting herself at this point. I would be heart broken. The day will come though...and sounds like you are taking it very well!!