Friday, February 20, 2009

Now I get it.

When I was first starting out in advertising I used to work with a woman who brushed her hair every day after lunch. She kept a little hairbrush in her desk drawer and, along with refreshing her lipstick after lunch, she also brushed her hair. At the time I thought that this seemed like a little bit much. I don't know why I thought this, since I put on lipstick about five times a day.

Nearly 15 years later I look in the mirror at the end of the day and think maybe she had something there.

2 comments:

Diane said...

This is something I have thought about and never really adapted... but it does totally make sense -- I ask my kids to do it... why would I think I didn't need to!!

Ktmac said...

So, I looked in the mirror when I got home from work and the grocery store, and thought to myself . . . Wow, Heather is right. A little mirror time with a brush might be a good thing.

I looked like a zombie with stringy hair! It was really bad! I now understand why some of my students were looking quite frightened!