Monday, January 26, 2009

So that's what that's called!

I've been away from blogging for a while. That's because I've been very busy having conversations like this:

Grace: I saw some rabbit tracks in the snow today, mom!

Me: You did? Cool!

Grace: Mom? How can you tell if an animal is a boy or a girl?

Me: Well.... um... you look under their body and see if they have a penis or not.

Grace: What's a penis?

(Does she not know this? Should I be glad she doesn't know this? How the hoo-ha will I explain?)

Me: What's a penis?

(I'm trying to buy some time.)

Grace: Yeah.

Me: Well, um.... okay, a penis is what boys have to get their tinkle out. You know, girls have a... vagina... and boys have a penis.

Grace: They do?

Me: Yes.

Grace: All boys?

Me: Yep, rabbits, dogs... boy people.

Grace: Okay.

Sometimes they just catch you off guard, you know?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ho ho hoooo man! How the sticky questions come about. She'll love that story when she's older. ; ) Good luck. hee

Corie said...

unfortunately we don't have this problem in our house since Henry is a nudist.

Ktmac said...

I can't stop laughing! In our house, Danny wants to know why I pee out of hair & when he will have a chest like mine! Out of the mouths of babes!

Ktmac said...

I kid you not . . . I closed my computer and went to see what Danny was doing. He was in the bathroom looking in the toliet. Here's what he said:

"Look, Mom. I pooped a really big one. It looks like a hot dog!"

Maybe you should be glad you have girls!

Two Job Mama said...

Girls are just as gross! Lauren turns around almost every time she goes to see what her poop looks like - the other day she said, "oooh, that's a big one!"