Friday, May 8, 2009

TGIF

I actually hate the phrase TGIF, but it's really the most appropriate thing I can think of right now. Here are a few highlights from my week.

Monday – on the way to the airport for a meeting to present creative I get a call that we absolutely must send the creative ahead of the meeting because they have a team meeting scheduled before we get there. And, oh, could we also make it in time for a 3:00 meeting instead of the 4:30 we were scheduled for? Arrive in Tampa, drive straight to the client's office then wait in the lobby while they have a meeting that we can see through the glass walls of the conference room. During said meeting the team is looking at copies of the material we are supposed to be presenting. After a while, they bring us in to present creative they've already seen.

Tuesday – can't sleep in hotel so am up from roughly 3:30 am on. Get on 7 am flight then go straight to office and write two brochures before picking up my children, who fight like banshees the whole way home.

Wednesday - more banshees in the back seat. I actually pull the car off the road and (without yelling, which I'm kinda proud of because I really wanted to scream) tell them that they will not be having bedtime stories tonight. This works. Kind of.

Thursday – drive 45 minutes for a 30-minute meeting that does not result in any new work, but a vague promise to think about our new 3D animation capabilities.

Friday – on the way to the office get a call from my partner informing me that the 3D animator we just hired (who is supposed to be moving here from Georgia in about two weeks) went to the hospital with chest pain yesterday and is today, at noon, having six bypasses. Six.

I think I'd better go home.

P.S. The good news about Monday is that we got the business. Yay!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hoooooo man. Sounds like one fun week. :(

Sounds like you need to put the girls to bed and whip out a nice bottle of wine by the fire. Then- have Chad watch the girls on Sunday while you go get a massage. mmmmmmmm

Ktmac said...

Damn, SIX?? Doesn't sound promising!

Had a week similar! So much too fill you in on in vegas!