Friday, April 17, 2009

The ugly truth.

Last night I had two bowls of macaroni and cheese for dinner. Kraft, traditional noodle shape, nice and warm and cheesy, with a little salt on top. No salad. No veggie. No protein. Actually I made peas, but conveniently "forgot" about them in the microwave.

Chad and the girls had various combinations of mac & cheese, chicken nuggets and Chad's custom blend of baked beans with cut-up hot dogs.

I really believe in making healthy, balanced meals. I truly enjoy a fresh, crisp salad with my dinner.

But to tell you the truth, I'd be perfectly happy just eating a bowl of mac & cheese with a big ole' glass of milk. And no matter how many great/fast/easy/kid-friendly/ready-in-30-minutes recipes I have, some days making dinner is just too.... I don't know.... exhausting.

And I refuse to feel bad about that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is exactly what I'm making for dinner tomorrow night!